Stand Up Comedy Classes
Learn and Perform Stand-up Comedy from a touring comedian and perform your comedy on the historic Red Clay Music Foundry stage!
SIGN UP AND PAY ONLINE
Yoshee has taught intensive comedy classes to comedians, professionals and everyday folks live and online. He is one half of the comedy duo (Joel and Yoshee) that provides weekly feedback to a network of over 24k subscribers on YouTube with the Hot Breath Comedy Community. Yoshee has also taught corporate comedy courses during his career for Dell, Accenture, and countless others seeking humor and levity within their organization.
- Adults over 18 years of Age
- Anyone who has ever said, “I’d like to try that.” after watching standup comedy, but didn’t know where to start. Or anyone who thinks they are funny.
- Professionals seeking ways to improve their confidence, presentation skills, and writing abilities for presentations.
- Anyone who would like to learn the art of comedy, comedy writing, and performing from a 10+ year comedy veteran.
- 8 Comedy Sessions
- 6 (six) classes teaching students the art of comedy, standup, and comedy writing;
- 2 Open Mic events with immediate feedback after open mic sessions.
- Weekly writing and performance exercises.
- 5-minute standup performance Graduation show on the historic Red Clay Music Foundry Stage
- Graduation Show in December for family and friends
- A recording of your 5-minute set to share with family, friends, social media, and your high school bully that said you couldn’t do it.
Yoshee So is a touring comedian, writer, and executive producer. He has shared the stage with George Wallace, TJ Miller, and Chris Tucker. Yoshee has been selected to perform at several notable comedy festivals, including The World Series of Comedy, Out of Bounds, San Francisco Improv Festival, and many more. In 2017, he was selected to compete in the national competition, NBC Stand up for Diversity. Yoshee is also a founding member of the Red Pill Players, a nationally touring improv comedy troupe. He currently produces multiple shows around the Southeast through his company Comedy Wit, featuring everything from comedians to magicians.
Yoshee is also a co-founder, teacher, and coach for Hot Breath Media, an organization with 25k Youtube subscribers. Hot Breath is dedicated to cultivating the next generation of comedians with over 400 interviews with the world’s best comedians, feedback mic for jokes, and daily writing exercises.
Yoshee delivers hilarious takes on his upbringing alongside quirky observations on everyday life. Yoshee can be found coaching his kid’s soccer team or DJing a wedding when he’s not on a stage or in a conference room. He would describe himself as a storyteller and entertainer. Others have described him as a lanky, Shirley- Temple-drinking-trivia nerd.