NOTE FROM EOP:
Stay tuned for more info, but in the meantime, please keep submitting Open Mic @ Home videos!
Songwriters’ Open Mic
We’re changing our submission process. Instead of our live Open Mic events, songwriters will submit an original video to EOP for review. (The video has to be created especially for the EOP Open Mic @ Home – it can’t be an existing YouTube/Instagram video).
THE SHORT VERSION:
- We’re no longer doing our twice-monthly Live Songwriters Open Mic events
- The submission process will now be done through video
- To participate, send an original video of an original song to [email protected]
It can’t be an existing YouTube video – it has to be created especially for EOP Open Mic @ Home.
- Same rules as always: original songs only, no more than three performers, acoustic instruments only
- The finalists will be selected by Eddie Owen Presents
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
-Email an original video to [email protected]
*INCLUDE: Name, song title, hometown and any website or social media accounts you currently use.
-If the video is too large to email, send it to us using Google Drive or DropBox.
This is not a beauty contest – our ideal video would be: you, wherever you are right now, in front of your phone, playing a great song you wrote.
Extra production work will not help your overall “score” – it’s all about the song.
Here’s a great example from the Duluth duo DEATH BEARD:
– ALL music must be original. No cover songs.
– Since “playing ability” is a judging criteria, all music must be played live.
– The video must be created especially for our EOP Open Mic. Do not submit videos that were already uploaded to YouTube, Instagram or other video sites/apps.
– The video MUST BE emailed to us or shared via Google Docs or DropBox. By sending it to us you are giving EOP permission to download, edit and re-upload your video. We won’t make any changes to your song (we might put some text with your name and song title) but we need your permission because we’ll be uploading your video to our YouTube channel (youtube.com/eoplive).
– No more than three people per performance.
– No effects, looping, pedals, amps or electronic instruments allowed
– Only acoustic instruments can be used: strings, acoustic guitar/bass, piano and percussion. You can use a keyboard for your submission, but use the “piano” voice/effect.*
– No drum kits. Hand-held percussion and Cajóns are allowed.
*No keyboards during the Shootout – you’ll be able to use the baby grand Hailun piano onstage.
- make sure to give EOP “Permissions” to download your video when you upload the file to Google Drive
HOW TO SEND A VIDEO USING DROPBOX:
We look forward to hearing your submissions!
Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions.